If you’ve been cruising around the Twin Cities area, it’s highly likely that you’ve come across billboards promoting companies that purchase homes. Typically, these advertisements feature taglines such as “We Buy Twin Cities Houses!” or “Cash For Your House”.
Are These “We Buy Houses in Minnesota Companies” Credible?
Identifying credible and trustworthy local house buying companies can be a daunting task at first. However, we will guide you through some key factors to consider before collaborating with any local house buying company.
Real estate transactions, including buying and selling houses, can be a beneficial and honorable profession that supports communities and property owners in numerous ways. Unfortunately, like any other industry, a small percentage of house buyers in any market may tarnish the reputation of the majority.
Some people in this line of work are ethical and reputable, and they enhance the quality of their neighborhoods by upgrading one property at a time. On the other hand, there are unscrupulous and deceitful individuals who prioritize profit over the well-being of their clients. They would sign a contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand while deceiving you with the other, as long as they are making enough money. Unfortunately, such individuals do exist.
Our goal is to help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so that you can collaborate with reliable, ethical, and trustworthy local companies that can offer a fair all-cash price for your home and close the deal according to your timeline.
But for now, let’s not dwell on the negative. First, let’s discuss precisely what the best house-flippers are doing.
What Reputable Minnesota House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they needright away. In just a matter of days, we can provide the cash people need from their homes to cover unforeseen medical expenses or to move closer to a family member. Our services deliver peace of mind to those in need.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and month for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. As we navigate through the real estate process, we employ a range of professionals such as plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title representatives, loan officers, administrators, and many others. Typically, an average real estate transaction involves 86 individuals from beginning to end. By investing in real estate, we are able to create genuine employment opportunities for people throughout Twin Cities MN.
- Buying US products. As proud Americans, we are committed to supporting our economy by investing in locally made materials. Our substantial investments in timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers, and other sectors create countless jobs across the country. We firmly believe that the key to a strong economy is steady growth and development, which can only be achieved through continuous investment by individuals and businesses alike. Therefore, we are dedicated to doing our part to contribute to the prosperity of our great nation.
- Increasing the value of Minnesota neighborhoods.At the heart of our work is a commitment to improving not just individual homes, but entire communities. By rehabilitating abandoned and neglected houses, we not only provide beautiful homes for families, but we also increase the value of the surrounding properties. Our efforts contribute to the overall revitalization and strengthening of the Minnesota housing market. We firmly believe that vibrant communities are the cornerstone of a healthy society and are dedicated to doing our part to make Minnesota a place where families can thrive.
- Increasing the tax base. At the core of our mission is a commitment to not only rehabilitating properties, but also contributing to the development of the communities in which they are located. When a new buyer takes ownership of one of our improved properties, the increased value results in a higher tax rate. These taxes go toward funding vital infrastructure, such as schools, fire departments, police stations, libraries, and street improvements. This, in turn, strengthens our neighborhoods, making them safer and more desirable places to live, work, and play. We are proud to contribute to the development and prosperity of our communities, and will continue to work tirelessly to make a positive impact wherever we can.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama because the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at Matt Buys Houses MN do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Minnesota house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Minnesota companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!